Have you witnessed a backyard breeder or a puppymill?
- Get as many details as you can: address; length of time the breeder has been selling dogs; the number and sizes of litters; the selling prices; ads from newspapers and the internet.
- Get photos if you safely can.
- Put together your report in both a hard format and an electronic format.
Send your report to the BC SPCA requesting that it investigate (ask for a case number):
Manager of Cruelty Investigations, BC SPCA
1245 East 7th Avenue,
Vancouver, BC, V5T 1R1
- Send your report to your Mayor and Council (addresses here) requesting bylaws to regulate and limit dog breeding/selling in your municipality
- Send your report to your provincial MLA; to Pat Bell, the Minister of Agriculture; to Gordon Campbell, the Premier of BC; and to Carol James, the Leader of the Opposition (MLAs names and addresses here) asking for provincial dog-breeding standards and regulations.
- Send your report and any answers you receive to Animal Advocates at email@example.com.
- Contact the media.
Have you bought a sick puppy?
- Do all of the above.
- Sue for costs and damages in Provincial Small Claims Court
[ return to "Dog Breeding" main page ]