Legislative changes we've accomplished
and ones we're working on
- The AAS research/report to ban the neglect of backyard dogs in the City of Vancouver. Read the report with many pictures and stories of backyard dogs in Vancouver.
- "Too Many Dogs": a proposal for control of dog breeding regulations.
- Adopted in eleven BC municipalities, also called anti-tethering or chained-dog laws. Read the bylaw in your municipality.
- The incredible cruelty of puppies in isolation in tiny steel cages with metal-grate bottoms—all for profit.
- The CatSnip campaign was started...
- "Too Many Cats": a humane solution to the problem of thousands of abandoned and euthanized cats. An alternative to cat punishing "round-up-and-kill" legislation.
- A donation of $750 from the Animal Advocates of BC, along with a reduced rate from Lake Country's Panorama Veterinary Services, allowed Deaton to load up 20 rabbits Monday to be spayed and/or neutered...