49. Every owner of an animal must ensure that the animal is provided with:
(a) clean, potable drinking water at all times, and suitable food of sufficient quantity and quality to allow for normal growth and the maintenance of normal body weight;
(b) clean and disinfected food and water receptacles that are located so as to avoid contamination by excrement;
(c) the opportunity for periodic exercise sufficient to maintain good health; and
(d) necessary veterinary medical care when the animal exhibits signs of pain or suffering.
50. No person may keep an animal outside, unless the animal is provided with a shelter that meets the following requirements;
(a) protection from heat, cold and wet that is appropriate to the animal's weight and type of coat;
(b) sufficient space to allow the animal the ability to turn about freely and to easily stand, sit and lie in a normal position, and specifically with a length of at least 1 ½ times the length of the animal and a height of at least the animal's height measured from the ground to the highest point of the animal when standing in a normal position plus 10%, and a width at least the same as the animal's length;
(c) protection from direct rays of the sun.
51. Every owner of an animal shelter, pen, cage, run area or poultry pen must ensure that the area is clean, sanitized, free from vermin, and that all excrement is removed at least once a day.
52. No person may cause an animal to be hitched, tied or fastened by any rope, chain or cord that is directly tied around the animal's neck or to a choke collar.
53. No person may cause or permit an animal to be confined in an enclosed space, including a motor vehicle or boat, unless
(a) fresh air ventilation is provided by a vent or opening of at least 500 cm2 (77.5in2);
(b) the temperature in the enclosed space does not exceed 30 degrees Celsius.
54. No person may transport an animal in a vehicle outside the passenger compartment unless it is confined in a pen or a cage, or unless it is secured in a body harness or other manner of fastening to prevent it from jumping or falling off the vehicle or otherwise injuring itself.